This is a weekly club set up to reach out to isolated, housebound older Somali women by providing them with access support and activities as well as building and enhancing their social skills.
The Project runs at Dimson Lodge Community Hall which is a council owned venue. The session is every Thursday from 11am – 1pm providing 3 hours of support to participants.
- A range of healthy living ideas and activities
- Essential one-to-one advice and advocacy for individuals facing isolation and ill-health
- Advice & advocacy on a range of issues such as health services and access to them, housing and accommodation issues, pensions, benefits and general support
- Providing help and support to isolated elderly men and women to enable them to socialise, develop self help networks and share their culture
- Promote healthy lives in mind & body and develop healthy life styles.